Music is a major part of my life.
My mother always used to say I could sing before I could talk - and some things never change. I've been singing my little heart out ever since, both on stage and off.
My husband and I are currently a recording duo by the name of Big Mile (@BigMileBand) and we write and record our own songs as well as a selection of covers. We've both studied music to various degrees and it was a massive influence on our relationship when we first met. Our first date was an Eric Clapton tribute gig! We've been to a fantastic array of gigs, concerts and musicals in the last 7 years and our music collection is ever growing.
Every few months we always ask each other what our current "Top 5" songs are. Nick's seems to change with the seasons and his mood but mine has been the same for a while now...
1. Dance the Night Away - Van Halen
2. Heartache Tonight - Eagles
3. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
4. Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift
5. Year of Fire - Big Mile
6. Forget You - Cee Lo Green
7. One of These Nights - Tim McGraw
8. I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston
9. Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
10. Get Back - The Beatles
There are far too many songs I love to mention here, but these are some of my absolute favourites.
What kind of music are you interested in? Any of my faves feature in your Top 5 too?