Saturday, August 01, 2015

#brightandshiny: July

Welcome back lovely readers!

I couldn't even begin to describe how busy I've been the last couple of months. As you can probably tell from my blog, I've been somewhat absent, and haven't done a #brightandshiny update in ages. Things have started to settle down a bit for now, so I'm making the most of my time to do an update for July, seeing as it was particularly spectacular month!

All I can really say is that I freakin' LOVE my job!!




I finally have a job that I enjoy and I'm good at, and I actually get recognised for all the hard work I do. I've always been the kind of person who gives things everything I've got. If there's a good job to be done then I'll do it. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a perfectionist, but I have very high standards and I'm very competitive. 

I have a really great manager who is brilliant at recognising peoples strengths. She's been an inspiration for me, to work to my absolute best potential and constantly strive for more. I can't say much about what's going on at the moment, but it's so exciting I could literally squeal! I'm starting to realise things about myself that I never knew, and feel the most confident I have ever felt in my entire adult life. I feel like I'm in charge of my own life for the first time in years. It's really the most incredible feeling. I actually want to get up at 6AM to get to work early (early...?!) and I'm getting involved in more and more activities. I've recently been taking charge of some charity fund-raising events which is basically my natural habitat; organising fun-filled group activities! 

Along with everything going on at work, home life is pretty sweet too. My husband is hard at work dissertation-ing, creating a computer program and continuing to amaze me with his genius. It's nice to have him at home too, the dog especially loves it. We've been eating really well (when do we ever not?!) and Nick is even getting more adventurous in the kitchen. 

We've got a trip to Amsterdam to look forward to at the end of August to celebrate, *takes huge breath* our very first Wedding Anniversary! I can't believe it's been nearly a year already. It feels like we were married yesterday, and in a strange way like we've been married forever. It's obviously meant to be!

So anyway, I'm just so happy I wanted to tell you all! The last 10 months have been a wild ride on the way to success for me and my husband. We're starting to feel like all of our hard work is paying off.

I'll leave you with a few of my favourite #brightandshiny moments from the past month.

Til next time, CH x


Happy selfieRainbow cakeRadox bath salts and elemis face mask


Mexican feastCat with dinsoaur toy Cat steals dog's bed


Ginat chocolate browniePink hair don't care


Dinosaur Cupcakes


Sunday Blues







No comments:

Post a Comment