Monday, April 27, 2015

A Close Shave

Welcome back lovely readers!

I hope you've all had a wonderful couple of weeks. I have been a very, very busy bee both at work and at home (as per...) and have been making the most of the beautiful sunny weather we've been having.

The sun deciding to make an appearance in our lives has led to this post, as it's that dreaded time of year when the unthinkable becomes reality; my legs have emerged from hibernation. It's been simply too warm for thick, black tights at work and walking the dog now requires a suitable uniform of its own.

Whilst I know that shaving is not the most sustainable form of leg grooming, I have neither the inclination nor bank balance for waxing and a severe lack of patience when it comes to hair removal creams, so every couple of days my pins get the old scrape. I've had an ongoing love-hate relationship with razors and leg products, as I always seem to get an angry red rash no matter how much prep and priming I do. It's taken me a fair while, but I think I've cracked the perfect Close Shave formula; please see below...





Aussie Shower Smoothie Body Wash
Morrisons Ladies Triple Blade Disposable Razor
Soap and Glory Shower Puff


I know what you're thinking - that doesn't look like anything special. But believe me, it really is!

I always thought that using a scrub or a super cleansing soap was the best way to get a close shave, by getting rid of dead skin cells and roughing up the bristles. While this has worked fine for me in the past, it leads to dry, patchy skin afterwards and requires a lot of heavy moisturiser to maintain. 

I bought this new Aussie body wash on a total whim whilst doing my grocery shopping. It was on offer and I was aware it was a brand new range. There were four delicious concoctions to choose from and the scents were so divine I actually bought two - this Shower Smoothie and Mega Watt.

I was really excited to use this one as it has that classic Aussie bubblegum scent that is just unrivalled in its mood boosting properties. As I went about my business in the shower I noticed how silky the lather felt on my skin, and how easily my razor glided up my shins. The results were incredible! The closest shave I have ever had using a razor. My skin was smooth and soft with not a single bump or scratch. I don't even use an expensive razor (a blade is a blade, after all) so I was seriously impressed. I used this on my underarms too, which are particularly sensitive to shaving, but had the same perfect results. Amazing!

I think a good rub down with the shower puff to get a rich lather, and making sure your razor is nice and sharp (they all seem to have indicator bars on them these days to show when their best shaving days are up) lead to super smooth results. I haven't even bothered with an after product for this post as I feel this method could be followed with any one of your favourite moisturisers or fake tan. I tend to use Garnier products in the summer, and Sanctuary Spa in the cooler months.

Thank you Aussie, for another great product that will remain a fixture by my bathtub!

How do you feel about shaving? Do you have any favourite leg grooming products? I'd love to hear from you!

Til next time, CH x





No comments:

Post a Comment