Sunday, March 01, 2015

#brightandshiny: February

Hello happy readers, and welcome back!

It's the first of the month which means one thing; time for a round-up #brightandshiny post.




February has been, ironically, a very long month for me. There's a lot going on at home and a whole lot more going on at work. I've had all sorts of little fiddly errands to sort out due to having a new surname, and we have lots of scary payments due for scary grown-up things. We're heading into busy Spring sale season at work, so the enquiries are piling up and stress levels amongst departments are beginning to show. I had such a stressful day one monday that during my 1-2-1 with my manager, when she asked me if I was ok (like, non-work related ok) I just broke down into a blubbering mess! For some reason I'd been totally holding it together until someone actually asked me if everything was alright, and then my frustration always, without fail, manifests itself in tear form - not a great look in the office. Luckily my manager is an angel so I had time to pop out and calm down before breezing back to my desk as if nothing had happened.

Apart from that little wobble, the rest of the month has been a very happy one. We've been eating really, really well and healthily too. My love of fruit has finally returned and sugary snacks rarely feature on our shopping list. The park by my house has been undergoing massive improvements over the last year or so, but has finally re-opened so I've been taking long, leisurely walks with Sully and enjoying the first of the spring sunshine. Valentine's weekend came and went, full of love as ever, with delicious home-made turkey nuggets (husband request) and a bargain bottle of pink prosecco. That Sunday we had a perfect family day on the Northumberland coast with a long, breezy beach walk followed by fish and chips and chit-chat. My big brother and his lovely family make me so proud. I also spent a lovely afternoon with my parents and my Grandma having a long-awaited catch up and a mooch around Morpeth.

Here are a few snapshots of my #brightandshiny February moments:







I'd love to hear about your #brightandshiny February moments too!

Til next time, CH x




No comments:

Post a Comment