Thursday, August 07, 2014

The Liebster Award!

I'm quite new to blogging and had never even heard of the Liebster award until I was nominated by two lovely ladies - Rachel from Bella Forcella and Catherine from Counter Pretty.  Thank you so much for introducing me to such a fun blogger community activity and for taking the time to read my little blog. It means the world to me when just one person reads a post so these nominations are incredible!

Ok, so here's what I've found out about the Liebster Award...



There are a few rules to follow:

- You must list 11 fun/random facts about yourself
- You must answer the 11 questions asked my the person who nominated you
- You must nominate other blogs and ask them 11 questions.

So here goes!!

Bella Forcella asked me:

1. What is your 'anthem'?
My signature karaoke song is Dolly Parton's '9 to 5' and people always say they think of me when they hear it!

2. What message do you want to convey to the world through your blog?
My blog is my little safe space where I can express my feelings, post about my interests and share my opinions. I suppose my message could be to encourage self awareness and celebrate being unique.

3. What is your favourite Jo Malone fragrance?
Easy, White Jasmine & Mint.

4. Who are your idols and why?
This is a tough one, I definitely have a few and they're pretty embarrassing on the outset but bear with me... First up is Avril Lavigne - She may not be what many people think of as a role model but when I was a teenager struggling to find myself through crowds of cliques and trends her music helped me so much, and she inspired me to write songs which I still do to this day. Next is Taylor Swift basically because I just want to be her. She's incredible. I'm a keen cook and baker too and I will always do whatever Nigella tells me to! 


5. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
I love to write. I love finding the best words to describe products or emotions and pour them out into legible scribbles. 

6. Where is your favourite place in the world?
My family have taken holidays on the Northumberland coast for as long as I can remember and now our holiday home in Beadnell is something I share with my new family. It's our haven.

7. Which 'Friends' character are you most like?
I definitely have some frantic Monica in me (anxiety and obsessive behaviour...) mixed with Rachel's love of fashion and fun and Ross' love of history and dinosaurs!

8. Who was your childhood style icon?
I grew up in the 90s so it HAS to be the Spice Girls! Platforms, crop tops, joggers and bunches. Oh yes.



9. Would you rather go back in time and give your younger self advice, or travel forward in time and get advice from your older self?
At this moment in time I'm quite content with how my life has worked out. There's been some major bumps in the road though so I would love it if my future self could give me a sign that everything will be ok and to just keep at it. 

10. What is your all time favourite beauty product?
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.

11. What would your ideal day look like?
A day out with my mister and my dog. Shopping, eating, drinking and a walk on the beach followed by a cosy movie night with sweet popcorn and Pepsi Max. It must also include a Soya Hazelnut Latte... 


Counter Pretty asked me:

1. How did you get into blogging?
I originally started a blog when I was working in a pub and had so many stories to tell after every shift (and they were pretty much all hilarious) so I started an anonymous blog to share my tales. It was various family members who suggested I start my beauty blog because that's what I was interested in.

2. Country or City?
Country for living and relaxing, city for shopping and partying.

3. Lipstick or lipgloss?
I suffer from very dry lips most of the time so I don't often use lipstick, but I hate the way my hair gets stuck in my lipgloss so I usually just go for tinted lip balm but both stick and gloss when I'm getting dressed up.

4. Where is your favourite place to be?
Our summer house in Beadnell on the Northumberland coast. 

5. If you could only use one makeup brand for the rest of your life what would it be?
Chanel. It takes up most of my makeup bag already!

6. If you could only use one makeup product what would it be?
Concealer... no blush... no lip balm! Argh!!

7. Drugstore or highend?
Always highend. Premium beauty is just better.

8. If you could travel anywhere where would you go and for how long?
There are so many places I would love to visit, but I would definitely travel to Southern India and spend a week or so exploring the paddy fields (and eating) then on to the Maldives for at least a week in a beachfront villa. I would also love to visit Bali, New York, Seattle, Tequila in Mexico and Iceland again.

9. What is your biggest achievement?
Landing the perfect husband?! Haha no, passing my driving test. I quit learning when I was younger because it made me so incredibly nervous (sometimes I was physically sick before lessons) but then my fiance encouraged me to have another go despite my crippling fear and with the right teacher, a better car and total determination I passed in a few short months on my first go with only one minor. Yes! The confidence and independence I have gained are utterly priceless.

10. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Answered above!

11. What is your favourite flavour of Skittle?
I don't eat sweets but I do remember the best way to eat Skittles is one of every colour altogether.

Wow that was fun!!

Now here are 11 facts about me:

1. I'm completely deaf in my right ear.
2. I have naturally curly hair.
3. I have a cow's milk intolerance.
4. I have performed in the West End, the Royal Opera House and St James' Park (Newcastle).
5. I have seen Barry Manilow live 5 times...
6. I have very strong prescription reading glasses.
7. I hate fruit pastilles.
8. I can cook and bake really well.
9. I'm a homeowner.
10. I have a Grade 8 Singing certificate.
11. I used to be fat.

I nominate:


And my questions are:

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Are you a cat or a dog person?
3. What is your favourite food and can you make it yourself?
4. Where did you grow up?
5. Do you have a nervous tick?
6. Where is your favourite place to shop?
7. What is your go-to all round beauty brand?
8. You can take 5 beauty products with you on your desert island getaway. What are they?
9. What song makes you want to dance like nobody's watching?
10. What are your current life goals?
11. Are you in love?

This has been one of the most fun posts I've ever done and I can't wait to read everyone elses!

Thanks again for the nominations!

xxx




4 comments:

  1. Brilliant post! We're scarily similar - Dolly / Taylor / Nigella (love them all), White Jasmine & Mint is probably my 2nd fave Jo Malone fragrance, it took me years to pass my driving test and I also have hearing loss in my right ear!!

    I love your take on life and am really pleased that you're content with your life as it is, that's such a great place to be in.

    Thank you for completing your nomination with such a whole heart!

    xxxx

    www.bellaforcella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really enjoyed putting this post together :) x

      Delete
  2. http://heyatsakura.blogspot.jp/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html i answered your questions on my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty for the nomination. <3 Ill start writing my post soon :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete