Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Brow Wow!

Brows have never been my thing. I over-plucked as a teenager but in recent years they've grown back a bit so I just leave them most of the time. Then I started seeing all these blog posts about Benefit Gimme Brow... all these wonderful reviews - "miracle product", "big brows in a flash", "couldn't be easier". So off I popped to Boots to have a little nosy and sure enough, there were these cute little tubes of seemingly magical brow gel. I tested the shades on the back of my hand and wanted to wait before making a decision so I left without buying a thing (I think I should get some sort of medal for that...). By that evening I was convinced that I needed Gimme Brow in my life so I went straight on the internet to order some. I went for the medium/dark shade to suit my colouring and lucky for me there was an online offer for extra points if I bought another Benefit product, so I stuck with my theme and ordered High Brow. I also ordered Burberry Brit Ryhthm - my review can be found here



I was ridiculously excited to try these products with my new love of blogging so I went a bit snap-happy getting every stage of the process!

Before Gimme Brow:


After Gimme Brow: what a difference!


At this stage I was already seriously impressed. So easy to use with instant results that you can adjust for high drama. You just press the brush gently into the hairs to disperse colour, then brush to shape and build texture. I carried on with High Brow, which in hindsight I probably should have applied first but I was too excited to use Gimme Brow!


Again, instant results. Complexion looks brighter, face looks sculpted and eyes are defined. I also used this product in the corner of my eyes to add extra pops of light. The linen pink shade is universally flattering.

I decided to carry on with the lightening and brightening theme to finish my look so I added Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Pearl Fantasy...


... and finished with a slick of By Terry Baume de Rose limited edition shimmery lipgloss.


Voila! Brow wow and light, fresh make-up for a flattering spring day-time look.


(I also used Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser, Diorskin Nude Hydrating Concealer, Chanel Cream Blush and YSL Babydoll Mascara.)





No comments:

Post a Comment