Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hair Today...

So this is all about my complicated hair routine. I have a rota of hair products (mental, I know) which I truly believe helps to keep my hair looking it's absolute best. I have blonde highlights so I use a variety of blonde care products, colour care products and others as well.

First up is John Frieda Colour Renew for blonde hair. It's enriched with violet toner to get rid of any dark residue and build up than can make blonde hair look dull or, heaven forbid, yellow. I only use this product once a week at the very most because it's really rich. The shampoo is bright purple and lathers really well so you don't need a lot, and the conditioner is a paler violet and very, very moisturising. I try to keep it away from my roots but the whole point of this range is to brighten my blonde so sometimes I slather it on and just make sure I rinse for an age. I can honestly say it does what it says on the bottle, but if you use it too often and it can have the undesired effect of bringing out different shades in your natural hair colour that may not match your blonde. For instance when I used this product twice on one week the natural bronze in my hair became evident through the blonde and it did not look good. If I use this products sparingly it makes my hair soft and very shiny, with the baby blonde highlights that I like. I actually used this a couple of days ago and three people thought I'd been to the hairdresser! Amazing.

Next up is TIGI Bedhead Dumb Blonde. This is probably the most moisturising and nourishing range in my repertoire so, again, I use it sparingly. It smells like sweeties and sherbet and is a dream to use in the shower. In this case I would say definitely keep the conditioner away from your roots because it doesn't rinse out easily. The effect I find with this range is extremely soft and manageable hair with incredible shine and a gorgeous baby blonde. 

One of my simple favourites is the Banana shampoo and conditioner from The Body Shop. This is my go-to range for inbetween washes because it's light and rinses out really well leaving hair very clean and shiny. Obviously the smell is unique (I'm yet to find another banana hair range!) and is really uplifting. This range is perfect for any hair type to get a good clean but thick, frizzy or damaged hair will need some extra leave in conditioner afterwards. 

A cheaper range for blonde hair is the Lemon and Chamomile shampoo and conditioner from Boots. I love this stuff when my hair is clogged up with products. It's super cleansing and makes hair baby soft. Again though, use a leave in conditioner afterwards if your hair is prone to dryness. 

That's everything I'm using at the minute but I have loads of other products to review and bring back out the cupboard so watch this space for more hair updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment